PART 3 – PROPHETIC MODEL OF TAZKIYAH
The Model of Sahaba:
- What is the prophetic model of Tazkiyah? How did the Prophet ﷺ do this?
- He ﷺ has been tasked by Allah SWT to purify them.
- ‘Them’ in the first instance obviously means the Sahaba’e kiraam RA.
- The Hadith literature provides you with a picture of how the Prophet ﷺ did this Tazkiyah and how the Sahaba RA were students of Tazkiyah.
- As much as the Prophet ﷺ is a model for us, the ideal type, the Sahaba RA are models in the sense that they have shown us how to follow that ideal type.
PART 2 – QURANIC MODEL OF TAZKIYAH
- What is the Quranic model of tazkiyah and what is the nabawi model of tazkiyah?
- We always begin with our primary sources.
- We always launch any aspect of Islam from the primary sources of deen – the Quran and Sunnah of our Prophet ﷺ.
A Purified Heart:
- Allah SWT has emphasized the importance of tazkiyah in the Quran-e-Kareem.
- Also, Allah SWT has stressed that our entire success on the day of judgement will be based on whether we can bring to Allah SWT a purified heart.
- Yawma-la-yanfau-maal … Remember, recall that day, prepare yourself for that day when neither your sons or wealth will be of any benefit …
- The only person that will benefit on that day will be that person who will bring a pure and untainted heart to Allah SWT.
- Salim means sahih and saalim. A pure, purified, untainted and unblemished spiritual heart.