The Seven Core Principles of Sunan Drajat’s (15th Century Javanese Sage) Teachings:
- Kindness towards others.
- Exercising caution during times of happiness and ease.
- Striving for the goal without being concerned with worldly hindrances.
- Subduing the nafs (ego).
- Keeping the five daily prayers.
- Heneng (stillness through meditation), leading to Hening (purification of the mind), leading to Henung (divine contemplation).
- Seeing all things as waves in one ocean / seeing God’s will in everything.